Bike Pod Hire
It’s important to take the right precautions to protect your pride and joy when travelling and to make things simple The Road Room offers a hard case bike box rental service. Pop in store or give us a call to leave a deposit, and then we’ll have the ‘pod’ ready and waiting when you come to collect it. The Polaris Bike Pod is designed to keep your bike safe when travelling – perfect for cyclists going abroad to events; bike protection for flying to a triathlon, the Etape or a MTB holiday.
£45 for one Week
£80 for two Weeks
£20 for each additional week
Discount available for multiple Bike Pod hire, please enquire in store for details
– Manufactured in the UK
– Clam shell moulded design
– Bike wheels lock in position for security
– Internal foam padding for bike protection
– 4 lockable draw latches & luggage tag
– Castor wheels for ease of movement
– Suitable for both road and mountain bikes
– Conforms to all major airline baggage handling restrictions
– DIMENSIONS: Length 1160mm, Height (tallest) 866mm, Depth 260mm
– WEIGHT: 10.5kg (+/- 5%)
Will my bike fit?
A Look XL carbon road frame with an integrated seat post fits fine inside the Bike Pod Pro. Polaris have also tested the Pod with a 61cm steel traditional road bike, which fitted in easily.
Mountain bikes can be slightly longer than road bikes due to increased frame clearances and a longer wheelbase. However Polaris have tested the Pod Pro with a large 140mm travel full suspension MTB (Specialized Pitch) and it fitted in. If your frame has long travel forks you may need to remove them.
For full instructions and video’s showing how to package your bike safely and securely, check out the Polaris website.